Crisis or disaster guidelines
When a disaster or major medical emergency occurs, Baptist Health Louisville and the media will need to work closely together to quickly provide accurate information.
To accomplish this, Baptist Health Louisville has a disaster plan. Please follow these guidelines in the event of a disaster or mass casualty incident:
- The media will be taken to a designated area to receive news releases and updates. In most instances, the area will be the parking lot of the 4001 Kresge Way physician office building (across the street from Baptist Health Louisville), but may change based on the situation. Marketing and Public Relations, or other hospital representatives, will escort you to the designated area.
- Media crews may be given access to other areas of campus, depending on the circumstances, but only with a Marketing and PR escort.
- Cell phones may be used within the hospital as long as they are at least three feet from medical equipment such as IV pumps, ventilators and monitors. Land-line telephone availability may be limited.
- An escort from Marketing and PR will be required for media to conduct all on-site interviews.
- As a security precaution, media will be asked to show press credentials and/or may be issued temporary press badges by Baptist Health Louisville.