Surgery to help seriously overweight individuals achieve and maintain significant long-term weight loss.
How do you choose to lose weight is a personal decision. Baptist Health Louisville offers two primary approaches to significant and long-term weight loss, which can be used in combination:
- Minimally-invasive surgery
- Medically-supervised weight loss program
As an American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence®, Baptist Health Louisville offers a demonstrated track record of favorable outcomes in bariatric (weight-loss) surgery. Surgeon John Oldham, MD, performs only minimally-invasive weight-loss surgery, meaning a hospital stay of a day or less and faster recovery time.
Is weight loss surgery for you?
- Attend a free seminar with Dr. Oldham and his staff to learn more. Register by sending an email to BHInfoCenter@bhsi.com or by calling 502.897.8131
- Use a Body Mass Index Calculator to look at your numbers
- Email your questions to our staff at BHWeightlossSurgery@bhsi.com
Resources for weight loss
- Healthy Recipes
- Baptist East/Milestone Wellness Center with its more than 200 exercise and fitness programs, plus personal trainers to get you on the right track. The wellness center's Learn to Exercise class is a vital part of the weight-loss program
- Support group at 6 p.m. on the third Thursday of the every month in Baptist Health Louisville's second-floor Education Center. Register by emailing BHInfoCenter@bhsi.com or call 502.897.8131
Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence® is a registered trademark of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS). Used by permission of ASMBS. All rights reserved.