For neurovascular patients, including stroke, aneurysm and arteriovenous malformation (AVMs).
Pinpointing a diagnosis and quick action are key to treating neurovascular disorders, including stroke, aneurysm and arteriovenous malformation (AVMs). Specially-trained staff at Baptist Health Louisville -- including interventional radiologists -- can provide complete care for neurovascular patients.
Baptist Health Louisville has also earned national accreditation from The Joint Commission as a certified primary stroke center for excellence in its neuroscience program. The designation means Baptist Health Louisville meets national quality standards for excellence in stroke care.
The Neuroscience team focuses on:
- New hope for brain tumors through stereotactic radiosurgery
- Stroke treatment
- Addressing aneurysms, through clipping it, coiling or stereotactic radiosurgery
- Learn about screenings available to help detect stroke risk
- Targeting Parkinson's disease
- Compression fractures with procedures such as kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty
- Specialized services such as support groups and clinics
- Take our Stroke Risk Assessment
Some patients may require additional care after their stay on the Neuroscience unit. For those patients, the Baptist Health Louisville Rehabilitation unit may be just the ticket. The Baptist Hospital East Home Health Agency is also available to provide care for patients in the comfort of their homes.
For more information about Neuroscience Services or procedures, call the Baptist Health Information Center at (502) 897-8131. Learn more about stroke with an interactive guide from the National Stroke Association.
For more information about stroke, aneurysms, Parkinson's disease, compression fractures, rehabilitation therapy, brain injury or other neurovascular problems or treatments, visit our Health Library.